- Connie's handbag filled with cut-out paper hearts
- "Wendell, you wow me" written on the window in the morning dew
- We received a letter from the Burlington International Zoo thanking us for our adoption of a pair of love birds named "Connie and Wendell"
- Connie's dented fender when she was shocked by Wendell's recorded voice reciting love poetry over her car speakers. She told the police officer responding to the fender bender that she found a CD in her car stereo and confirmed Wendell was not in the back seat as she first thought. (She ran over our prized crab apple tree in the traffic circle in front of the lab)
- When invited over to Wendell's RV for cocktails, he served a delicious, fruity "Connie-Tini". A tsunami of nausea washed over the staff.
- Connie wrote "I'm wild about you" backwards on the rear window of his car. Glancing in his rear view mirror his pace maker worked overtime!
- Wendell screaming "Meana Tanda Wena" Zulu for "I Love You" (Picked up form his studying abroad in the Congo learning from the native people the finer points of pom-pom people dolls. Boy did his International Crafts degree pay off!)
Finally, after too many "Connie-Tinis" combined with the recent memory of her accident Connie decided to spend the night in Wendell's RV to be safe. As she laid her head on the pillow, "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"! Wendell for yet another romantic surprise had placed a sturdy Hersey Kiss (point up) on Connie's pillow. Having poor vision in the dark, Connie's left eye caught the silver foil and her cornea was no match! Yes fans, the eye patch WILL return..... DON DON DOOOOOONNNNNNN.
We hope you were inspired by the prolific, romantic expressions of Connie and Wendell's blossoming love for one another!
To be continued....
|Connie, an androgynous senior woman with eye patch|